The Managing People Package—Digital PDFs
The Managing People Package: Position your agency for success with these digital PDF Managing People books and save $10 when you buy all three together!
Hiring, Managing and Compensating Insurance Agency Personnel (373 pages)
This comprehensive book provides detailed information to help insurance agencies manage their HR responsibilities. The authors, Jon Persky, CIC, CPA, PHR, and Jenny Foster, CIC, have drawn upon years of teaching and consulting to produce a practical book for everyday use. Agencies without a HR department can use the book as a template to assist them with providing the basic HR functions. Larger agencies with an existing HR department can use the guide to fine-tune their systems and procedures.
- Hiring and firing: how to determine staffing needs, candidate sources, interviewing techniques, non-compete agreements, evaluations, and termination procedures
- Employment law: Federal acts, plus negligent hiring, defamation, invasion of privacy, marijuana usage, and other hot topics
- Job descriptions for a variety of positions including: CSR, automation manager, office manager, producer
- Compensation: Employee motivation and goals, account profitability, compensation methods, bonus plans, benefits
- A practical and comprehensive look at human resources from an insurance agency perspective
- A means for an insurance agency to protect itself from HR problems without spending a lot of time and/or money
- A bonus digital download with forms, applications, letters, checklists, and job descriptions that you can customize
- Protect your agency from HR problems without spending a lot of money.
- Improve your systems and procedures with regard to hiring and firing, employment law, job descriptions, an employee manual, and a procedures manual.
This study is the 6th edition of the Insurance Producer Profile. This study is a continuation of the first five editions published in 1993, 1999, 2004, 2010 and 2016. This latest study focuses on the data collected during the latter part of 2021 and early 2022, revealing valuable insights into the industry during that period.
At this time, seismic shifts at most insurance agencies had just begun. The pandemic threw many unprepared agencies into a remote mode of operation. Uncertainty about transferrable sales skills and confidence around conducting business in this newly emerging environment plagued agency owners.
The Insurance Producer Profile is a useful tool for agency owners and managers. This edition is based on a survey of P&C producers from independent insurance agencies and examines producer compensation, sales production, responsibilities, qualifications, education, and training. It serves as a valuable guide for agency owners and sales managers to be able to compare data on annual compensation, commission rates, benefits, and covered expenses. Owners can also use this study to analyze sales production, average account size, new business production, growth rates, and hit ratios.
The Insurance Producer Profile is also an important tool for anyone in a production role. This text will help producers understand the industries average compensation, commission rates, sales achieved, time spent on sales, difficulties experienced, and opportunities for professional development.